Sarah Moreno, M.Ed
My 20 years of teaching experience in special education has given me many opportunities to work with many students. Through my teaching experiences, I have had the opportunity to teach students with varying abilities and challenges. My special education background has made me flexible in my teaching and I love the challenge of individualizing my lessons to help struggling learners as well as finding new ways of challenging thinking and learning. Since starting my teaching career, I have grown immensely as a professional and learner. I have worked with students with learning and behavior disabilities in a special education class, but also have worked with students in a co-taught environment. I enjoy working with students and seeing them succeed in meeting their goals. I look forward to working with you and your student to help them succeed and feel confident in their learning!
I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago with my husband and my two children. My children are in 5th and 2nd grade. We have two cute dogs and a bunny.
- Bachelors of Science in Special Education from Bradley University
- K-12 endorsement specializing in Learning and Behavior Disorders
- Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Concordia University
- Ulich Children’s Academy in Chicago (therapeutic day school for children with behavior disorders): 2000-2003
- 1st-3rd grade teacher
- Case manager
- Hubert H. Humphrey Middle school- Valley View School district 365U : 2003-current
- Resource teacher/Reading teacher
- Co-teacher in a Language Arts classroom
- Cross-Cat classroom teacher of Language Arts and Social Studies
- Case manager
- Student Government sponsor