Kate Keller M.S. Reading Specialist
For the past 12 years I have worked as a classroom teacher. I began my teaching career in Melrose Park in 5th and 6th grades. Interested in working with older students, I made a move to Franklin Park to work as the 7th Grade Literature teacher at Hester Junior High. At Hester, I taught 6 sections of Literature/Language Arts including one advanced class. I loved getting to know my students and helping them become stronger and more confident readers. My favorite part of teaching Literature was reading class novels with my students. When I was not in the classroom, I was able to coach the Hester Cheerleading Team and helped create the school-wide Student of the Month program. I look forward to working with new students through tutoring!
I currently live in the western suburbs with my husband and three children. My daughter is 5 years old and my two sons are 3 years old and 6 months old. We also have an Australian Shepherd named Sydney.
- Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education from Illinois State University
- K-9 endorsements in Language Arts and Social Studies
- Reading Specialist Masters Degree from Concordia University of Chicago
- Hester Junior High in Frankin Park, IL (District 84): 2010-2019
- 7th Grade Literature Teacher
- Melrose Park School in Melrose Park, IL (District 89): 2007-2010
- 5th and 6th Grade Classroom Teacher
- Sacred Heart School in Melrose Park, IL: 2006-2007
- 5th Grade Classroom Teacher