Clare Nichols, B.A. K-12 Education and Spanish, M.A. Curriculum and Instruction + ESL
Becoming a teacher was as natural to me as breathing. My journey began during a high school childhood education course, and my fate was sealed. I knew what I wanted to do, and that was to become a teacher. After spending time with all grade levels, middle school was clearly the right choice for me. I have studied and understand the ins and outs of a middle school learner, and I often say I learn more from my students about life than I would have otherwise. I decided quickly to become a Spanish educator with my love for travel, culture and intense focus on language learning. I have taught in a public school setting for the past 8 years. I have tutored privately for general education and the ACT with my main focus on Spanish education.
My husband and I were born and raised in Downers Grove. We loved it so much we decided to settle here for the long haul with our boxer mix Dexter. I have been a middle school volleyball and cheerleading coach for 8 years and love every minute of it. I love to travel abroad and take road trips with my husband across the U.S. Teaching middle school is my passion, and I plan to continue my career as a middle school educator for the duration of my teaching career.
- B.A. Spanish + K-12 Education, Knox College 2010
- Universitat de Barcelona, Fall/Winter 2009
- M.A. Curriculum and Instruction + ESL, Concordia University Chicago 2015
- 30+ Masters Credits via Augustana College with focuses on Personalized Learning and Gifted Education/Enriched and Accelerated Learning
- S.E. Gross Middle School, Brookfield IL 2012 – Present
- 6th -8th Spanish Teacher
- Department Chair
- Brookwood Junior High, Glenwood IL 2011-2012
- 7th – 8th Spanish Teacher